Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I want to say that my learner is very stable.  Her developmental profile is that she is a great student. She’s helpful, respectful of others and knows what’s going on around her.  She has a balanced home life father, mother, brother and a cat.  Her family cares about what she does in school.  While she’s in class she always paying attention, a good listener and, follows directions. Once in a while she has to be reminded to stay on task.  Once she is done with her work she asks what she can do next. 
  As to thinking of putting a name on a concept I don’t know if I can yet. I think I could take a little bit of all of them and use it.
A learning modality that I would use would be a little of all of them I think she would excel at all of them.
One thing that I have learned so far and I have used is that children love science projects.  They love those hands on activities.  They also like getting up in front of the class  in groups.  We did a readers theater and they just loved it.    As time goes on, I will learn what they need by watching and learning from them.

According to Crain (2011) it is not always easy to find the educational experiences that are most natural for a given child.  Knowledge of cognitive states can help, but children are sometimes at different stages in different areas.  A teacher has to look closely at the child’s actions, to learn the  from the child and to be guided by the child’s interests.

Crain, W. (2011). Theories of Development (6th ed.). New York , New York: Prentice Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment